Sunday, August 17, 2008

Shop til you Drop

On Friday my mom, Kylie, and Hillary and I went to Birch Run. We left my house just before 9 a.m. and I assumed Kylie would fall asleep in the car.....boy was I wrong. Kylie decided that sleeping was not what she wanted to do, all day. She was so good though. We got to the mall and went into about 5 stores and then decided that we should have eaten lunch before we got started so we went across the street and grabbed some food and everyone was way happier, then we went back to the mall and started to shop, shop, shop. Kylie was so good, she hung out in her stroller for a little while and then we let her walk around a little and we would each take turns carrying her. Finally around 5 or so she decided that she was over tired and got a little cranky, so my mom took her out of the store we were in and walked her around and she finally decided to fall asleep. She only slept for about 20-25 minutes because a motorcycle drove by and it woke her up. She wasn't too happy being awake for about 5 minutes and then I let her walk around and she was fine. We were able to snap a couple pictures of her napping, notice the bags falling out of the basket of the stroller....yeah we did a little shopping.
On the way home Kylie was being so goofy, because that she was so tired. She kept laughing and kicking her legs up....I had my mom take the following pictures while I was driving.
Here is a picture of her laughing and smiling at Nana....look at those beautiful blue eyes...she is too sweet!
She was also playing with her bib, we had stopped and got her some milk, because she always has some before bed and I hoped she would fall asleep. After about an hour of being in the car and her being goofy she finally gave in and let herself go to sleep. When we got in the garage at home she woke up just a little, my mom and Hillary stayed still in their seats and I got out and left my door open and ran around to her side of the car and then I scooped her and Todd met us in the doorway and he carried her to her bed and she went right back to sleep. I was so proud of her, she did such a great job all day, I couldn't believe she didn't fall asleep while we were shopping, but she actually was not crabby very much. She seems to impress me every day with something new.

Mel and Todd

1 comment:

Adrian and Becky said...

Her hair looks like it is getting darker and more of it! Woo hoo Kylie!