Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Cabin

This first picture is from the cabin looking down at Beautiful Lake Cecelia, but it is from 2006, this year we were down by the water around this time watching fireworks.
Every year we go to the Buday cabin in Baldwin on beautiful Lake Cecelia. It is a weekend usually full of sun and beer and a little "canoing". This year it was cold, but there was still sun, and a lot of wind. Todd went up Friday night and then Kylie and I joined him on Sunday. Todd was able to enjoy a nice day canoing on Saturday while Kylie and I hung out with Grandma and Grandpa here in Grand Rapids. When we got to the cabin on Sunday we tried to go in the water, even though it was cold by the cabin, it was a little warmer by the water, but Kylie really didn't like it. The picture above is from when Todd tried to let Kylie stand in the water, and is the only one I got when we were at the water because shortly after I took the picture Kylie saw me and whined and reached for me, we tried to get her wet a few more times, but she wanted nothing to do with the water.
Later in the afternoon Todd and Kylie walked on the dock, but she wanted nothing to do with the water after her first try. Peyton and Sofia when swimming and Kylie looked a little interested so we took off her socks and shoes and pants and dipped her toes in and she pulled her feet right back up.
These are the only pictures I was able to get because after having a fun day on Saturday and loading the pictures onto my computer I forgot to take the memory card out so my camera would only hold about 6 pictures. I think the two of Todd and Kylie walking together are priceless and precious though, so they are the best! We were supposed to stay Sunday night, but after Kylie refused to nap at the cabin earlier in the day and knowing that she doesn't sleep well when there is someone else around, we decided to drive home and sleep in our own beds. Todd hadn't been home since Tuesday morning, so he was ready to sleep in his bed. Our friend Chris always buys fireworks and puts on a show for the kids, so we left shortly after that and got home around midnight. Kylie fell asleep right away on the way home and stayed sleeping when we got home and Todd was able to scoop her up and put her in her bed. Monday was kind of a wash because we were all tired. We did some laundry and ran a few errands and then Kylie and I went to pick up Mia and Todd mowed the lawn. When we got back from getting Mia I dropped the girls off at home and then drove to Plainwell to pick up my bridesmaid dress for Barb's wedding, which is in about 38 days, now I have to find shoes and get my dress altered just a little bit. Nothing else new to report about today, Todd went back to work and Kylie and I had a quiet day at home. She really was tormenting Mia today and chasing after her all over the house, sorry no pictures. I was too busy chasing Kylie and trying to get her to stop.
Mel and Todd

No comments: